Wednesday 23 January 2008

The latest...

Michael told me that the first shipment was sent on Tuesday and forwarded me the tracking number. Not sure how to track a package sent through the Kenyan Post Office (no online tracking etc) but if it goes missing, I'm sure it will come in handy. It is going to take seven working days to arrive so expect my next update to be in the middle of next week.
I'm not sure what happened last week, I must have misinterpreted what Michael had said. In fairness, at time his messages seemed a little confused so he must have had a lot to deal with, in addition to losing that money.
I have spoken to Michael today while he was in the post office in Nakuru and he said he is sending a second, much bigger package today, which should arrive a couple of days after the first package.
Apparently we will receive a dvd that Michael made for us in the second package so hopefully I will be able to post a couple of clips.



Technorati Tags:, , , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

1 comment:

BabaMzungu said...

Hi
You are going through the same feeling as me at the moment.
I have friends in Kisii and Nairobi with whom I had great difficulty in contacting for some time. Luckily, I have now found that they are all fine.
Another point, I am also interested in setting up a fair trade deal with Kisii soapstone carvings as a means to support "my" orphanage there. Please let me know how you get on with your Maasai goods.
I will be going out to Nairobi & Kisii in February (politics permitting). If you want me to pass a message on the Michael and his family, let me know.